Tuesday 5 August 2014

Formula 1 Weekend, an Update and a Spending Ban!



Sunset at Silverstone Woodlands

Stalking the Force India drivers during the pit walk

View from Luffield

View from Club Corner

Watching them set up the start of the race!

Hello! So I'm finally back after some time off where I went to the British Grand Prix in Silverstone and sat my final exams (fingers crossed waiting for the results please).

I thought my first post back would just be a mini-update type post. I had a fantastic time away with my friend Rachael, we were camping from the Wednesday through to the Sunday night, we had planned to stay until the Monday but we really needed a soft seat after four nights in a field!

There were so many events on this year as it was the 50th Grand Prix held at Silverstone, for the first time ever there was a pit walk on the Thursday, so we spent some time trying (and failing) to meet some of the drivers and then went to the Sky recording for the F1 show in the evening. Friday was full of practice sessions, and even though our seats in Club Corner were reserved for the full weekend, lots of grandstands are freely open on the Friday, so we took a walk around to Luffield for a different view. Saturday held the only bad weather of the weekend, so my new wellies were definitely a good investment! Made for a very interesting Qualifying and GP2 feature race in the wet though, and Club Corner is a covered grandstand, so we were protected from the worst of it. Sunday dawned and we went down early to watch the GP2 sprint race and the main event, the 2014 Formula One British Grand Prix.

All in all we had a fantastic weekend. We utterly failed in all attempts to meet drivers and teams but hey ho! It makes for some good memories and we can always try again next year.

So, for my own updates, you may notice that Curls & Collages has had a little makeover, nothing huge but I just wanted to make it look at bit cleaner. What do you think of the new layout? Feedback would be very useful! Also I went down to Cambridge for hopefully the last of my exams, it's exciting to think that I might be qualified by the end of the month!

I'm also putting myself on a spending ban. The time has come for me to stop absolutely haemorrhaging money each month. July ended on a much welcomed status-quo, I didn't manage to increase my (meagre) savings, but I didn't decrease them either. August's challenge is to build on that and actually save some money. I've got a few birthdays coming up, plus Christmas, so saving money really needs to be a priority over these new few months.

Well, thats me all up to date, how was your July?

Jen x





No comments:

Post a Comment