Tuesday 12 August 2014

Beauty for a Camping Trip



Okay, so I promise that this is absolutely my last post about Silverstone! However, how can any beauty blogger spend four nights without access to their stash without taking a little peek at what beauties accompanied them?

So, for my base I wanted long lasting and a little bit of extra SPF. I used my old faithful Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in Ivory for dark circles and blemishes, and the Rimmel Matte BB Cream SPF15 as my base in the shade Very Light. I actually tried out Light originally, but I came out severely orange so back I went and picked up Very Light instead. In retrospect, I should have taken something with a bit of a sheerer finish. It was super warm for most of the time, and with the formula being quite matte, I found that it sort of melted off of my face. Not a good look. I also took my Bourjois Healthy Balance powder to set my makeup with.

To add a bit of colour and shape to my face, I took the No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter and my Tarte blush in Natural Beauty. Both quick, easy and a bit failsafe really. When you are putting on makeup in a cramped tent using a small compact mirror, ease of application and lack of mess is key.

For my eyes, ease and staying power were the name of the game. I took my L'Oreal Superliner Perfect Slim and my Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Waterproof mascara. Again, I didn't want to be fiddling around with complicated or messy products and I wanted it to stay on for as long as possible. I also took my Benefit Browzings pallet in Light as it is compact and very easy to use, and I find that it also has really good staying power.

For lips, I wanted a day option and an evening option, both of which needed to be easy to apply and not require lots of maintenance. For my both options I went with the Bourjois Colour Boost crayons, for daytime I chose Peach on the Beach, and for the evening I took Red Sunrise, which I'm ashamed to say I didn't even consider using once! Simplicity is clearly my preference for camping beauty!

What would you take for a camping trip?

Jen x

1 comment:

  1. I also swear by the rimmel wake me up concealer! I've also nominated you for the Liebster award, check it out :) xxx

    http://prettyinpips.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/pretty-in-pips-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete