Wednesday 9 July 2014

June 2014 Favourites


It's a smaller favourites post than normal this month, mainly because I've not been trying out many new things, however there have been three products particularly taking my fancy recently.

First up, a fantastic budget buy, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in the shade Nude. This is just a simple nude eyeliner, but I've really been loving it recently for making my eyes less red around the edges. You know how it gets in hay fever season, but I just slick a line of this all the way around the outer edge of my eyelids and smudge it in with my fingers, instant wide-awake eyes without any fuss. I know lots of people use this in the waterline as well for a similar effect, but I wear contact lenses and my eyes are pretty dry anyway so I never put makeup on the waterline.

Sticking with the eyes, this Stila All Over Shimmer Powder in Kitten has been my go-to eyeshadow this month. Now I don't think it's strictly supposed to be eyeshadow, but I love the shades and find that they blend into the eyelid very well. I've been using the lighter shade all over the lid with the darker shade blended through the crease, it makes a really lovely summery eye look.

Finally, a perfume. I wanted a lighter, citrusy perfume for summer, and I've been lusting after Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber for months now. I picked it up for myself as a little treat one day, and I've barely worn anything else since. Its such a nice fresh scent, not overpowering and I pick up little bursts of scent from it all day long. Definitely a new favourite there.

What have you been loving in June?

Jen xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the Rimmel pencil too - have you tried the taupe one?? Its easily blendable, for a daytime smokey eye xx

    Who is She

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks for the hint, I'll have to try it out. xx

      Delete