Monday 4 August 2014

Essentials for Camping


Did I mention that I'm away camping for the British Grand Prix? Only about a hundred times, right?

So today I'm taking a look at the essentials I'm taking to get me through a week in a field. Now I'm quite lucky because Woodlands is an amazing campsite with great, clean shower facilities. However you only get five minutes of hot water each day so it has to be a really simple routine to keep time to  a minimum. Shower time will consist of slathering my hair with conditioner and a quick body wash before the water turns cold, and I'll just use a little bit of leave-in conditioner to style. It's a campsite so hopefully no-one will be that bothered if I end up looking like Cousin It for a few days!

For washing my face I'm going to pick up a travel-size face wash, and I'm also taking some Micellar Water and some baby wipes so that I'm covered for each washing possibility. I'm taking a small moisturiser sample as well as my SPF eye cream and 50+ facial SPF. Can't be too careful spending the whole day outside, if I'm lucky it might even be sunny. Continuing on with the SPF theme, I also have a separate sun cream for my body as well as an aftersun that can double as body lotion.

I've thrown a couple of miscellaneous items in as well, obviously I'm going to need a strong deodorant for the long days, plus eye drops because I use them everyday anyway, and being in a field during hayfever season without them does not sound like fun to me! I've also packed my SPF lip balm to ward off burnt lips, and a handy travel-sized toothpaste sample from a beauty box ages ago rounds the bag off. Speaking of the bag, I picked this beauty up for £4 from Primark! It has three waterproof compartments and a hook for hanging on the back of the shower door, perfect! I do hope I haven't forgotten anything!

What would you take camping with you?

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment