Saturday 31 May 2014

May 2014 Favourites


It's time once again for the round up of products I have been absolutely loving this month. I have quite a few budget items this time, it must have been a thrifty month!

First up is the Boots Essentials Curl Creme, coming in at a budget-busting £1.69. I actually tried this a few years ago and wasn't wowed by it at all, I found it to be drying and somehow managed to make my curls crispy and frizzy at the same time. I had an inkling this must have been down to user error as so many people in curly hair communities absolutely rave about it. Enter one afternoon where I was browsing the internet and read a technique on a forum that involved smoothing it down the lengths of hair with both hands before scrunching the remainder in, and doing this in sections, and it worked absolutely brilliantly! I just apply in that manner, diffuse a little then leave it to dry. Once dry I scrunch each section out and I have defined, frizz-free curls (full hair routine post coming soon). I think I owe this product an apology......

Living above an Aldi really has it's benefits sometimes. I love looking at the upcoming Special Buys each week. Its pretty obvious which brand the Lacura Body Butter is a copy of, but the price was amazing at only £2.99! I picked up the Shea and Raspberry scents, and I have only tried the Shea so far, but it really is lovely; very thick and moisturising and the scents of both are divine! Unfortuantely this was a Special Buy a few weeks ago, so it isn't generally available, but go and have a root around, you might find a tub or two somewhere in the aisles!

Next up is a product I've been raving about in nearly every post recently, so I'll keep this short. The No7 Brilliantly Bare Beauty Enhancer is fantastic. It's like a cheaper, better version of The Porefessional. Go and get it. Now.

I've been falling in and out of love with liquid liner recently. I've worn it for years and I really started to get tired of the faff of getting a perfect line every day, but I hated how small my eyes looked when I didn't wear any. I had tried a few pen style liners in the past, but never found one that I really got on with, they were all too stiff or too low in pigmentation. I decided to try one again to see if they had gotten any better over the years. Enter the L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim, this is a really great pen style liner. It has some flexibility at the tip so I don't feel like I'm going to poke my eye out and it goes on nicely. It still isn't as pigmented as using a full liquid liner, but you put a couple of coats on so it's not a problem. I'm fully back on the liner pen wagon now, next up is the Stila Stay All Day liner that I've heard amazing things about.

It wouldn't be a monthly favourites post if I didn't talk about a Revlon Lacquer Balm, and this month I have really loved using the shade Coquette. It's quite a bright pink, but due to the sheer nature of the lacquer balms it evens out to a really nice, subtle wash of colour. I may have even worn this more times than Demure this month!

What have you loved using during May?

Jen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment