Thursday 29 May 2014

Good Skin Day


As I mentioned in Tuesday's post, I had trouble with my foundation for years, until Double Wear came along and solved a lot of my problems. I have since still been struggling with keeping oiliness at bay, and I never really found a primer or powder I could see any benefit from, however I've been playing with a few different products over the last few weeks, and I think I've hit on my ultimate combination for a good skin day!

To start with, I've been using the No7 Brilliantly Bare Beauty Enhancer. This is the first primer I've actually seen a difference in my skin when wearing, and it even makes my skin look good if I'm not putting any makeup on top. This is some seriously good stuff. I apply this with my fingers to anywhere that gets oily, so down and underneath my nose, the top parts of my cheeks nearest my nose, the middle of my chin and my forehead.

I follow this up with my usual layer of  Double Wear in the shade Cool Bone. I apply this to the middle of my face with my fingers, and then blend in across my cheeks, hairline and jawline using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. This may seem like an odd method, but I found I was getting a lot of micro-exfoliation on the centre of my face with a brush, and applying with fingers just makes it much smoother in that area, and the rest can be buffed in with the brush without any issues.

This is then all topped off with a light dusting of Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder in the shade Vanille. For years I had used translucent powders, but was never wowed by the results. This is a very finely milled powder with a slight hint of colour that I find just blurs any remaining imperfections. I dust this over the same areas that I applied the primer to using my Real Techniques Powder Brush.

Using this combination I find that my makeup stays in place all day long, without looking heavy or cakey. This is such a good combination for my oily skin and long working days, I haven't even tried wearing anything else since I found this combination!

Do you have a failsafe for a good skin day?

Jen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment