Tuesday 27 May 2014

An Ode to Double Wear

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Cool Bone, £28.50

I really don't know what I would do without this little bottle in my life. I really struggled with foundation for years, thinking that because I have oily skin foundation would always just come off after a few hours and that I was doomed to an eternal shiny face. Things got a lot worse when I started working in my current job, very long days with no real opportunity to touch up, and under strong artificial lights means an even shinier face.

Enter Double Wear, and all of my problems were solved! Okay, so maybe not quite that dramatic, but things sure as hell improved. At the end of the day I still visibly had foundation on, rather than various red, shiny patches mixed in with foundation-coloured patches. Now don't get me wrong, I still have to powder over my T-zone and would still touch up if I was going out after work, but I now have a face that looks skin-coloured the majority of the time.

I had to try a few different shades at first, but the lady at the counter was lovely and eventually we settled on Cool Bone as the perfect match for my skin. I don't really tan so I hope that this will also be the case over the next few months. The only gripe I have with this foundation is the lack of pump, I hate pouring a foundation out, it feels so wasteful, but this problem is easily solved with a generic pump from eBay.

Double Wear, I love you.

Do you have a product you can't live without?

Jen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment