Wednesday 7 May 2014

Daily Makeup Routine




I tend to wear quite alot of makeup on a daily basis, mainly due to working long days under bright lights. This means I need high coverage options that will last all day long, think full coverage foundations and waterproof formulas.

I start with my trusty Estee Lauder Double Wear in the shade Cool Bone, with a touch of Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory under the eyes and on any blemishes. To add a touch of brightness I've recently been using the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer in light as a highlighter on the top of my cheekbones and underneath my eyebrows, and I've been setting it all in place with the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder in Vanille, the lightest shade. I've only ever used translucent powders in the past but I've really been enjoying the slight extra coverage from this powder.

To add a bit of extra colour and definition in I've been absolutely loving the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in the shade Fearless, I picked mine up from eBay as the shades I wanted weren't included in the QVC Tarte range. The colour intensity and lasting power of this blush have been fantastic, but I won't say too much as I'll be doing a full review of this and the other colour I picked up very soon. I've been going a bit matchy-matchy with my lips and cheeks recently, and I've been echoing the bright pink pop of the blush with the Revlon Lacquer Balm in Coquette which gives a lovely flush of colour without being too heavy.

For eyes, I've recently been trying out the pen-style liners and the L'Oreal Superliner Perfect Slim has been a great find, it's very easy to apply using the fine nib to make a precise line and I find that it goes on very black and lasts all day. For a while now I've been using the Maybelline The Rocket Volum Express Mascara in Waterproof Black, this goes on very nicely to make my lashes look defined but without any clumps, and once again the formula lasts all day. To finish it all off I like to lightly fill in my brows with the Benefit Brow Zings in Light; I use the wax first to hold my brows in place and then the powder to fill in any gaps.

So even though that looks like a lot of makeup, I do apply with a light hand so that it looks as natural as possible.

What products do you use every day?

Jen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment