Sunday 4 May 2014

April 2014 Favourites


There have been quite a few products I have been enjoying this month, but I thought I had better keep my first ever favourites post to five products so that I don't ramble on forever.

First up, the product that I think has made this biggest difference to my skin ever, bold claims I know, but I have never used a moisturiser better than the Origins Make A Difference Plus, picked up in my recent Skincare Bargains haul. To put it simply, anyone with oily or combination skin needs to give this stuff a go, it's moisturising without making my skin any more oily, and it's a darn sight better than the stripping mattifying type of moisturisers I was using before I discovered this beauty.

Next up, a product that I'm really a good few years behind on. Oh yes it's the classic Urban Decay Naked Palette. I'm a total beginner when it comes to eyeshadow as I've used black liquid liner every single day for years; with only a bit of mascara applied to the lashes and my eyes were done. Well, it's time to branch out and the great formulation and neutral colour selection of the Naked Palette have been perfect for easing me out of my flicked-liner comfort zone.

I've been quite into cream highlighters recently, and the L'Oreal Lumi Magique concealer pen in Light has been my go-to for most of April. I like the light consistency and brightening effect. Don't be fooled by the name though, this is not a concealer; the day I tried it out as one was not a good day for my dark circles. However, as a highlighter dabbed on and blended in to the high points of the face it really is beautiful, and might even have overtaken my old favourite champagne-shaded Feeling Younger from Lush.

Now, I must seem to be running some kind of sweepstake on how many posts I can use to rave about the Revlon Lacquer Balm in Demure. I won't labour the point as I've talked about it so many times now, but I love this lip colour, it's perfect for most situations and has been my most-worn lip product this month.

And finally a product that doesn't go anywhere near my face. I love a nice bright nail colour once the weather starts to warm up, and a colour I have barely deviated from using this month has been Essie Cute as a Button. It is a beautiful bright pink, that isn't in-your-face. Just a vibrant, warming colour that is very flattering against my pale skin. As with all Essie polishes it applies very nicely and lasts for a decent length of time. If you haven't tried this one yet you really should give it a go!

What things have you been loving this month?

Jen x

2 comments:

  1. I have never tried the original Naked Palette! Looks lovely though!
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me so long to get around to picking it up, so worth it though! Xx

      Delete