Thursday 17 April 2014

Orly Pink Chocolate



As mentioned in my last post, the Boots clearance stand always manages to drag me in, and my last visit coincided with it being freshly stocked up with mini Orly polishes for only £1 each. How could anyone resist when they are normally £5 each? I was in need of a new base coat and had heard good things about the Bonder base coat, so i had to pick that up, and my No7 top coat had just run out so that was another no-brainer. Colour wise I was drawn to the beautiful Pink Chocolate, a sort of warm, pinky brown, perfect for the transition into spring.


L-R Orly Bonder base coat, Pink Chocolate colour, Polished top coat


On application, the polishes went on nicely, the colour was opaque in two coats and it lasted well for a couple of days. As my job is quite hands-on it's common for polishes to chip quite easily so that was to be expected. However, when I came to take it off my nails were a horrible shade of yellow underneath! Now I don't know if that was to do with the tinted base coat or for some other reason, I will have to try the colour with a different base coat, and try the base coat separately to try and work out what happened. Better get another colour on there to cover up the nasty yellow tinge I'm currently sporting.

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment