Tuesday 15 April 2014

Boots Haul



Well I am a little bit late in posting this seen as the offer ended weeks ago now, but who can resist 3 for 2 season at Boots? I went in searching for a replacement concealer and got sucked in to all the beautiful spring colours on offer as well as the lure of the clearance stand.

Concealers

First up the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Eye Concealer, phew what a name! This is fairly new out and I've heard great things about it so very excited to give it a try. I picked up shade 21 Ivory which I'm pretty sure is the lightest, I always go for the lightest shade with Bourjois and they are normally a pretty decent match for me (lets not talk about the Happy Light range though). Will report back in full in a few weeks time once I've tried it out properly. 

I also picked up a replacement of the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer as I can't go for long without this trusty companion! I find this is great for covering dark circles, and goodness knows I need it! I use the shade 010 Ivory which I think is the lightest they make, and it is a really good match for my pale skin.

L-R Rimmel Nova, Rimmel Celestial, Revlon Elusive, Revlon Demure

Lipsticks

I've taken a really long time to jump on the Rimmel Apocalips bandwagon, mainly because I'm not a big fan of long-wearing formulas. In my work I spend long periods of time without access to my belongings so touch-ups on the go are a no-no and I don't want to risk the dreaded ring of lipstick as it wears off during the day. However, I have a few events coming up and wanted to give them a go as there have been such positive reviews. I went for an everyday kind of colour with the pinky-brown Celestial and the brighter pink Nova. On first wear they seem nice, pigmented and with a good wearing time, much better than I expected at fading too. Now I just need to wait for an excuse to wear them regularly.

Which 3 for 2 shopper could resist the new formula Revlon Colorburst Balms? I decided to go for one matte option with Elusive, a really pretty pink and one lacquer option with Demure, which it turns out is pretty much my perfect everyday lip colour. Obviously the matte offering lasts longer but I love the light colour and sheen from the lacquer balm. Must resist going back for more colours....

Nails

Bargain alert! I spotted these beautiful Orly bottles on the clearance stand at only £1 each! It would have been rude to walk past without picking a few up. I was in need of a new top and base coat so the Bonder base coat and Polished top coat were a no-brainer. Colour wise I picked the beautiful rosy-pink bottle named Pink Chocolate. Watch out for a swatch and review of these coming your way soon.

Phew! Well this little lot better keep me going for a long time. Did you pick anything up in the 3 for 2 when it was on? I would love some ideas of what to pick up next time.

Jen x

2 comments:

  1. Great haul! The apocalips are really good you won't regret them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't wait to try them properly, the colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete