Thursday 5 June 2014

Evening Skincare Routine


Welcome to the second post in Skincare Week on Curls and Collages! Today I will be looking at the products I use each night. If you missed it I started on Tuesday with a look at my Morning Skincare Routine.

At night, I like to double-cleanse to make sure that I both remove my makeup and cleanse my skin. I start this off with a Micellar water to remove the majority of the day's makeup. Recently I have been using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, which is absolutely brilliant. It is more effective and cheaper than the L'Oreal version, and easier to get hold of here in the UK than Bioderma, so a bit of a winner all round really.

After this, I like to go in with a cream cleanser to really clean my skin deep-down and remove any final traces of makeup. I have been loving the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser recently as it is a great cleanser at a really amazing price, and is very often on offer as well. I massage it onto my skin, which is still slightly damp from the Micellar water, and then run a flannel under hot water and use this to remove the excess cleanser from my skin. I do prefer to use my own flannel rather than the muslin cloth that comes with the cleanser as I feel that a flannel cleans a bit more thoroughly and also adds a bit of extra exfoliation.

After this I will rehydrate my skin with a spray toner. I won't go on about it as I spoke about this in my Morning Skincare Routine post on Tuesday, but I really love the Lush Tea Tree Toner Water, so much that it's pretty much the only toner I use these days.

Following on from this, I prefer to use a lighter eye cream at night. I have been using the Boots Vitamin E Gentle Eye Cream recently. There is no specific reason I use this one, other than because I found it wasn't moisturising enough to wear makeup over so it got relegated to night-time use. It does a good job though and the skin around my eyes is always soft and moisturised when I wake up. I will however probably try something else once this runs out.

Finally, I use the same moisturiser as I discussed in my Morning Skincare Routine post, the Origins Make A Difference Plus moisturiser. I may have to stop using this soon as it is running out quite quickly being used twice a day, and the Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins sounds right up my street....

Check back on Sunday when I will be looking at the special masks and treatments I use throughout the week.

What products do you like to use at night?

Jen x


No comments:

Post a Comment