Wednesday 23 April 2014

Spring Picks


Okay so I might be a bit behind the curve in picking out some fresh new shades to implement into my spring makeup wardrobe, but It's still pretty cold up here in Glasgow so I hope you'll let me off with this one.

L-R: No7 Pop and Glow cream blush in Classic Rose and Rose Blossom,  L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire liquid lipstick in 101 Rose Melody, Maybelline Colorsensational Shine Gloss in  Glorious Grapefruit

First up, what blush addict could resist the new No7 Pop and Glow Blush Sticks? I went for the reddish-pink Classic Rose and powder pink Rose Blossom as these colours are much more suitable to my skin colour than the coral offering which completes the set. I love the colours of these, however I have had quite a bit of trouble applying them from the tube as they seem to pull away the foundation beneath them and then dry quite patchy. As the colours are so pretty I will experiment with using my fingers or a brush and see if that leaves a better finish.

Also from No7 is the new Lovely Lashes mascara, how cute is that lilac tube? This is enriched with argan oil to take care of your lashes and the packaging promises 'glossy natural volume'. I got the black version as my lashes are quite dark already and I really like the finish of the mascara. I would definitely say it fills the natural finish box, but I don't really find it increases volume at all. However for me that is fine as I don't really want much in the way of volume, and I like the effect of defined, natural lashes. This is a mascara I use on a natural makeup day and it gives lovely definition for that look; if you like heavy eye makeup then this is not the mascara for you as it will not show up against another dark colour, you would be better off with more of a lengthening and volumising formula.

I also picked up a couple of new lip colours, I wanted something nice and fresh, nothing too heavy or with a matte finish. I settled on the Maybelline Colorsensational Shine Gloss in the coraly-pink shade Glorious Grapefruit and the L'Oreal L'Extraordinare Liquid Lipstick in the classic pink shade 101 Rose Melody. I really really recommend both of these formulas. They are both sheer but leave a nice wash of colour, a non-sticky glossy finish that wears well and they fade evenly over the day. Seen as they are quite sheer they do need topped up after you eat or drink but for me they are really great lip products for spring and they both have a good range of colours available. If you are after this kind of lip product you should definitely consider picking some of these up.

Finally I have a pick that was raved about last summer, but as usual I'm pretty behind on these things. I love a good muted nail colour for the warmer months and Essie's Bikini So Teeny fits this bill perfectly. A beautiful cornflour blue with a slight shimmer in the usual Essie formula that goes on smoothly and lasts for a good amount of time, what more could you want for a spring nail colour?

Have you got any product picks for spring?

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment