Tuesday 29 April 2014

Packing for a city break: The Essentials


Packing for a mini-break means one thing to me: time to raid the sample stash! I've been hoarding quite a few recently from a number of beauty boxes and gift-with-purchase events so with my trip to London looming it was definitely a good time to have a rummage through and see what I could find.

Skincare-wise I had a great little tube of Biotherm Aquasource moisturiser and some handy sachets of Botherm Source Therapie Serum, both perfect for keeping my skin hydrated on a long day of being out and about. I recently spoke about some skincare bargains I picked up from the clearance section of Boots, and the Anthelios facial SPF from La Roche-Posay was a perfect addition to my suitcase due to the amount of time I would be spending outdoors. I also threw in a stick of Ultrasun Ultralip SPF 30 as I managed to burn my bottom lip on holiday last year and that is not a feeling I want to repeat anytime soon!

Also from my sample stash came a tube of Sensodyne Rapid Relief, just the perfect size for travelling; as well as a little bottle of Nivea Creme Soft Shower Gel. There is something so satisfying about having mini versions of a product, as well as it being so much lighter than carrying around the full size! I also took along the nail colour I was wearing just in case of any emergency touch ups, which was the Reverence de Bastien No. 1 I received in a Birchbox a few months ago, along with my current topcoat of choice Seche Vite.

For perfume, I find that the small Jo Malone bottles are just a great size for travelling, and it feels so luxurious to be able to take something like that away with you. I am actually using my bottle of Blackberry and Bay as a holiday perfume, that way the scent isn't used too often. I feel that this keeps it feeling special, and every time I smell it I get reminded of lovely holiday memories. Damn, now I want to go and smell it again!

For my eyewear, I obviously took my current glasses, DKNY 4630  if anyone was wondering, as well as some daily contact lenses and my amazing Folding Wayfarers, I mean seriously, how cool are they? And they take up no room at all in my bag. I always prefer to wear contact lenses when travelling around, so much easier than having to swap glasses for sunglasses really. I've been trying the Dailies Total 1 recently and they are so comfy. They come in quite pricy though, so I haven't decided if I will change over from my normal ones yet.

I'll be back on Thursday with a look at the makeup I packed for my trip.

What do you take when you go away for a few nights?

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment